Parents and Families,
On March 1st, Taft Middle School will be transitioning our instructional model from our online Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) to an in-person, Hybrid Schedule. In the Hybrid Model, students will attend in person 2-days a week (Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday) with their cohort group and log into their classes virtually on the other days.
As there are still some concerns about returning to in-person instruction, this survey is to help Taft MS prepare for our students returning on March 1st by informing parents/guardians of their educational options.
Starting March 1st, parents/guardians will have three options for instruction:
Option 1 – Hybrid Instruction: Students will attend 2 days a week in person and 2 days a week virtually with their cohort group. Group A is Monday/Thursday and Group B is Tuesday/Friday (Wednesday will continue as independent, at-home learning). In the Hybrid model, students will keep their current schedule and teachers.
Option 2 – CDL (Comprehensive Distance Learning): Student will remain in distance learning and continue to attend all classes online; however, students will be assigned a new teacher from the district along with a new schedule and class times. Student will still receive daily instruction from a teacher, but they will be able to remain at home.
*Edmentum (Online Students) will remain in their current program and may elect to change instructional programs at the end of 3rd quarter, April 12th.
FILL OUT THE SURVEY
Thank you for helping us prepare for our Middle School TIGERS return to in-person instruction. CLICK HERE
- Cohorting: A days/B days will be communicated next week
- Busing will be communicated next week
- Meal service – Breakfast, Lunch and a take home option is available for all Hybrid students. For CDL student, parents may pick up meals from 12:30 t0 1:30 at the school.
- Safety – All students will be expected to wear masks and social distance while on campus
Tuesday, February 16th at 7:00pm
- Tiger Town Hall
- Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/94334609745
Tuesday, February 23rd at 5:00pm
- Middle School Meeting
- Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/97644230014
If you have question, then please contact the main office or administration. Thank you.