Parents and Families,
- Middle School Sports (Volleyball and Football) will begin September 8th, 2021
- Soccer and Cross Country is being offered through Lincoln City Community Center for 6th-8th grade students
- Registration – Middle School Sports Registration
Welcome to Taft Middle School Athletic Website
Here you will find information relevant to Middle School athletics and activities to our 7th and 8th grade students. This information includes but is not limited to physicals, registration, mission statement/core values along with tentative sports schedules.
Taft Middle School has established a solid working relationship with our Community Center who provides students additional opportunities to participate in athletics. Our Tiger Town team believes student involvement elevates classroom performance all the while developing character, work ethic, sportsmanship and pride in community development.
Taft 7-12 staff and community partners look forward to working to provide students opportunities to get involved and to ensure our students are developing essential skills through extracurricular activities. We encourage participation in athletics because it provides our students with important lessons for life such as teamwork, self-discipline, hard work, and courage. By offering a variety of programs our students are able to build their skills at the middle school level to prepare them for high school athletics.
Our Tiger Town community has high standards in regard to sportsmanship and conduct. We expect our students, coaches and community members to uphold these standards at all times. I would ask that you, as a spectator, reinforce these standards and practices to the highest regard. We are all role models for our students in our community. The athletic department is grateful to our stakeholders who provide unrelenting support, energy and enthusiasm for our student-athletes.
I thank you in advance for supporting the Taft 7-12 athletic program and student-athletes we serve. Our student-athletes and coaches are looking forward to a year of sports with their family, friends and community members there to support them.
Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
Mission of LCSD Athletics and Activities:
We believe athletics and activities in the Lincoln County School District focus on encouraging all programs to create a positive culture and community by developing character, sportsmanship, work ethic, and pride for all participants.
- Character Development
- Work Ethic
- Pride Community Involvement
Forms & Documents:
- Sports Physical Form : English
- Students must acquire a sports physical (by doctor) prior to participation. Students will need to get physicals every two years.
- Sports Physical Form : Spanish
- Los estudiantes deben adquirir un examen físico deportivo (realizado por un médico) antes de participar. Los estudiantes deberán hacerse exámenes físicos cada dos años.
- Athletic Handbook
Lincoln City Parks and Rec:
- Offers soccer and cross country for 6th-8th grade students during the fall
- Fees will be paid at Taft 7-12.
- If your child is participating in Lincoln City Parks and Rec sponsored athletics, please contact them directly regarding fees.
Parents Role in Athletics:
The role of a parent in the program is to cheer for their child and contribute to the positive development of the athlete. This does not include speaking negatively about other players in the program, coaches in the program, play calling, or game planning. There will be times that a parent may not understand why certain things are taking place in a program. These items can be addressed if the parent follows the guidelines for communication.
- Be supportive of the program.
- Be involved in the program.
- Understand the role of parents.
- Follow guidelines for communication.
Guidelines for Communication:
- All meetings must be scheduled.
- No meetings, conversations, or communications on game day or immediately following a practice.
- All communication must be professional and respectful.
The following items may be discussed:
- Treatment of their child.
- Safety of their child.
- Work habits of their child.
- Improvement of their child.
- Opportunities for their child.
- Attitude and behavior of their child.
- Academics of their child.
The following items may not be discussed:
- Playing time.
- Game strategy.
- Play calling.
- Other players.
If you would like information, then please contact Zach Lillebo Taft 7-12 Athletic Director. firstname.lastname@example.org