Students and Families,
Registration is OPEN! Families may go to the LCSD website to enroll their student for the 2020-2021 school year. Online registration is a three-step process using three websites. You MUST have an active Email Address and Parent PIV Number (this is a unique code given to a family in a mailed letter) before you start. New students contact your school. Letters will be mailed out in August. If you need support from the school you may come to the full service registration lab on:
- August 11 – 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- August 12 – 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- August 13 – 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
*We will be closing for lunch (12:00 to 1:00) and dinner(4:00-5:00).
Starting Monday, September 14, LCSD will offer two models of education for our students:
- Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL). Students will access learning online with their LCSD teachers daily, with materials for activities provided as needed. CDL this fall is more robust, has more accountability, and more in-depth educational requirements than the Distance Learning we provided in spring. Student work will be graded, attendance will be taken, and teachers will provide daily instruction from their classroom. Teachers will meet in-person with students and families during the first two weeks of school to orient them to the CDL program and will continue to regularly connect with students and families.
- K-12 Online Edmentum Program (new). This program is self-paced and does not have a connection with an LCSD teacher. The framework is K-12 and follows all Oregon Standards for Education. The LCSD E-Learning Handbook provides detailed information about this program. (Available early August 2020)
- At this time, Lincoln County School District has reached its state-mandated cap of 3% allotment for allowing online charter school enrollment and we are unable to approve any transfer requests.
- An informational meeting regarding our K-12 Online Edmentum Program will be held on August 6, 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/99207388936
- Students will only be able to move between these two programs at specific 9-week grading periods unless there is an exception due to high-risk medical documentation.