Distance Learning Guide
Distance Learning Plans
STUDENTS: NEED RESOURCES or LOCKER CONTENTS or SCHOOL SUPPLIES – CLICK HERE
Distance learning for All will be a process for students to receive ongoing interaction with their teacher. Distance learning is not just online instruction. It provides for blended learning strategies and access to appropriate educational materials through multiple modes of communication. As schools transition to distance learning, successful approaches will be centered on care, community and continuity of learning.
Key elements of distance learning for every student, educator and parent to know.
- Every student regularly connects with their teacher(s).
- Teachers and students prioritize time together to focus on the most important or
- Teachers, families, and caregivers work as a team, anchored in partnership. Together,
teachers and families co-facilitate learning, design consistent routines, and establish the
- Teachers continue to monitor, report and record each student’s progress towards
learning goals and standards, encouraging critical problem solving, collaboration,
communication and creativity.
- Schools provide multiple, flexible opportunities — for our high school students in
particular – to earn credit on their pathway to graduation.