Hello Taft 7-12 Families!
We first want to relay that we miss your students and feel a huge loss at not being able to support them in
traditional ways right now. We hope this message finds each of you well and adapting to a new kind of normal
as we go through this event together. The counseling department wants to relay resources for your family in the
event that you need any mental health support during this time. Know that we are also available to check in with
your student individually.
- Lauren Turner (Counselor, Grades 7-9): Available by email: email@example.com
- Robb Ellis (Counselor, Grades 10-12): Available by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselors are working from home and will be unable to answer telephone messages at this time.
In addition, support is available through the Oregon Department of Education website: CLICK HERE Here you can find
resources for mental health including; how to talk to your student about Covid-19, how to support your student
in a time of high stress and potential trauma; support for suicidal ideation and more.
Other great resources available include:
- School Based Health Center: If you need care during this time when schools are closed, please reach out to 541-265-4947, and they will make arrangements to either “see” you by phone or in person, whichever is most appropriate for you.
- Oregon Youth Line: https://oregonyouthline.org/; Text: teen2teen to 839863; Email:
- Lincoln County Mental Health: https://www.co.lincoln.or.us/hhs/page/lincoln-community-healthcenter-
4; 24-hour crisis line- 1-800-266-0288
- Reach Out Oregon: https://www.reachoutoregon.org/; 1-833-732-2467
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Next, we want to relay what you can expect in the coming weeks. We will be continuing to support students
through continued Social Emotional Learning. Students will have access to supplemental resources that will
include a variety of wellness concepts. As we move, by district and state directive, to distance learning for all,
LCSD Counselors will be developing wellness activities for families. We hope that these activities will be
beneficial for both you, as well as your student, and that it sparks positive conversation and communication in
your families. More to come on this!
We hope that you all remain healthy and if you need anything do not hesitate to reach out.
Taft Counseling Team